World Cup 2018 Day One: Best Reactions on Social
RUS vs KSA Kicks Off the Competition Amongst 32 World Cup Futbol Teams.
The eyes and minds of futbol fans will be transfixed on Mutha Russia for the next four weeks. The 21st edition of the 2018 FIFA World Cup will play out over the next four weeks. The world’s top 32 top men’s futbol teams will compete in 64 matches across 11 cities to decide a winner. The tournament’s top four seeds are defending champions Germany, Brazil, Belgium, and Portugal. Germany is expected to meet Brazil and its deadly striker Neymar Jr., according to oddsmakers and experts.
FTS will be covering El Mundial thoroughly with highlights, perspectives, and reactions from social media and Telemundo. If you want your posts, pics or videos featured in our coverage, shout us out online. Tag @firstandtensports on the ‘gram and Facebook. Tag your tweets with @1standTenSports or include the hashtag #ftsworldcup.
2018 World Cup Stats, Facts and Nuggets
- The most goals scored during a single World Cup tournament was 171. The first time was in France 1998 and then in Brazil 2014. By ‘gol’3 50, play-by-play broadcasters Andres Cantor and Pablo Ramirez had lost their voices.
- Brazil has won the World Cup five times, more than any other FIFA nation. In addition, the powerhouse leads in games won (70) and World Cup appearances.
- The ‘Tricolores’ of Mexico have experienced the agony of defeat (25) more than any other World Cup nation.
- German striker Miroslav Klose is ‘El Mundial’s’ all-time leading scorer. Klose has capped four World Cups tournament (2002, ’06, ’10, and ’14) scoring 14 goals.
- Only Brazilian great Pele, aka the “Pérola Negra,” aka the Black Pearl, has won three World Cups.
World Cup Reactions from Around Social Media
Colombians Want Revenge and Want to Salsa
‘Los Cafeteros’ and their hinchas are still bitter about their loss to Brazil in the 2014 World Cup. Even now, Colombian fans swear defender Mario Yepes was onside and his goal should have counted. Thanks for the sharing the clip Jason Latorre.
The Oktober Guard Wins
Saudi Arabia lost 5-0 to the host nation on Thursday, putting up little resistance. Russia’s Denis Cheryshev scored two goals (43′ 90+1′.) Aleksandr Golovin was named the Budweiser “Man of the Match.” Putin and his boy President Trump were thrilled. Trump was overheard telling Putin on a conference call that he could have been the best footballer ever. But his heel and bone spurs ended his soccer playing career after just 45 minutes.
Ines En Rusia
By now you know Ines Sainz, an FTS super friend, the Queen of international futbol, working mother, and one of the most gorgeous women on the planet. Sainz is in Russia filing stories and features for Azteca Deportes. You can follow Ines’ journey and compelling exploits on Instagram and Twitter or searching the hashtag #inesenrusia.
Beauty Down Under
After this photoshoot from WWE superstar Peyton Royce, we are seriously considering switching our football allegiance to Australia. Hot damn Peyton is absolutely iconic and fine. Good luck this weekend at the WWE’s Money in the Bank. Also, please give our best to fellow iconic, Billy Kay.