The NFL Weekend Begins on Thursday; Jets vs. Bills Preview
Remember, there are a few ways to watch tonight’s NFL matchup between the 0-1 Jets vs. the winless Bills at Orchard Park. The game will be broadcast live on CBS , The NFL Network and can be streamed on Twitter.
Here are five items to look for in tonight’s game:
- Desperate Times/Desperate Measures – Both the Jets and the Bills are coming off losses in Week 1 and can’t afford to go 0-2 or their seasons will be over early. What team will go the extra mile (trick play, going on fourth down, creative blitzing) to win?
- Revis Peninsula? Last week, my first round draft pick WR A.J. Green torched Darrell Revis for over 100 yards receiving an a TD. Is Revis no longer the premier shut down corner in the league? Watch the matchup between Watkins (who is battling through injuries) and Revis closely.
- Ryan’s Butt on the Line – We know Rex Ryan talks a big game, but can he back it up? He’s promised Bills mafia the playoffs, but hasn’t delivered and the team has gotten worse since being named head coach. He’s trusting his coaching future to 2nd year QB Tyrod Taylor, but last week the offense put up only 160 yards. On a short week, did the Ryan boys get the Bills prepared to win?
- The Fitz is in – Ryan Fitzpatrick held out for more money in the off-season after losing to the Bills twice and having their week 17 loss cost the Jets a trip to the playoffs. Fitzpatrick has a poor career record against Rex-led defenses and teams. As reported by the Washington Post, In 11 overall games against Ryan’s teams, Fitzpatrick has a 66.8 passer rating and a 47.3 completion percentage. His career numbers in those departments are 80.8 and 60, respectively.
- What’s Your Fantasy ? – RB Matt Forte filled up the stat sheets in Week 1 and GM Kevin B. will be expecting TDs from Gang Green’s big ticket free agent signing. If Forte doesn’t go off, will it be Brandon Marshall, GM Jack G. sure hopes so.
My prediction: It’s a pick’em game and yours truly is bucking the trends and pundits. Bills win a close game 17-14.