Home»MMA»Conor McGregor Busted For Assaulting a Bus

Conor McGregor Busted For Assaulting a Bus

3
Shares
Pinterest Google+

McGregor Attacks a Bus and Loses.

UFC Lightweight Champion Conor McGregor has been taken into police custody after a bizarre assault at Media Day for UFC 223 on Thursday afternoon. Rolling Stone magazine reported, McGregor and his entourage, “allegedly caused damage to a bus containing multiple athletes, coaches, and managers. McGregor [is] charged with three counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of criminal mischief. The weapon is the strangest part of this arrest. It wasn’t an AR-15 or a handgun, it was a steel dolly. So what happened?

McGregor and his entourage entered Barclays Center without permission. UFC 223 Media Day had wrapped up and fighters from Saturday’s fight card were boarding buses back to their hotel. This is when the “shit” got real. The Irishman and his boys made their way to the loading dock and confronted one bus specifically. The McGregor crew were reportedly searching for UFC 223 headliner Khabib Nurmagomedov. “The Eagle” had an altercation with McGregor associate Artem Lobov earlier in the week. The footage obtained by the authorities throwing the steel dolly at the bus, breaking windows and injuring some of the passengers.

WTF!

If we didn’t see the McGregor footage, we wouldn’t believe it. Who throws a dolly? The moving equipment knocked out a front window sending shards of glass into the cabin. Lightweight Michael Chiesa suffered multiple cuts to his face and head. Flyweight Ray Borg suffered abrasions to his corneas from the flying glass. Chiesa and Borg’s bouts had to be called off due to their injuries.

UFC President Dana White was not happy as he spoke to MMA Junkie. He said, “Obviously, everybody’s shaken up,” White said. “This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of the company… You can imagine [McGregor] is going to be sued beyond belief, and this was a real bad career move for him.”

The Aftermath

McGregor also received bad news from the UFC. He was stripped of his Lightweight Title due to inactivity. The Eagle Nurmagomedov became the undisputed Lightweight Champion with his victory on Saturday night. While White and several others (including Floyd Mayweather) have commented on the events, McGregor was eerily silent about his arrest until Sunday. He posted this image to his Instagram account.

View this post on Instagram

🙏

A post shared by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) on

Then this assault got even stranger. Dana White is now sending mixed messages about any future UFC events involving McGregor. White and McGregor’s camps were negotiating his next UFC bout for September, but after this weekend–who knows? The UFC President initially called McGregor’s actions disgusting, but now is softening his stance. White received an apology from Conor for injuring Chiesa and Borg on Sunday. But, McGregor also wrote, “This had to be done!” What the hell does that mean?

This smells fishy. Could “Dollygate” just be a WWE-style “work” to hype up the Irishman’s next fight? Dana White and the UFC must be getting super-nervous about more MMA stars becoming pro wrestlers? Why else would White and McGregor be working so hard to get the media and fans’ attention?

Previous post

NBA--What Team Can Beat The Dubs with Steph Down?

Next post

A Giant Rebuild On the Fly

No Comment

Leave a Reply